Your Veterinarian in the Monterey area, CA
WE ARE ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU!
If you live in Monterey, Pacific Grove, Carmel or the surrounding area and need a trusted and respected veterinarian to care for your family cat or dog – look no further! Dr. Aaron Cohen and Dr. Johanna Sherrill are licensed California Veterinarians who truly care about the health and well-being of your feline and canine friends. Our friendly staff and doctors delight in helping you care for your pet in any stage of their life. We welcome pets in need of routine medical, surgical, and dental care, as well as pets who may need emergency treatment.
Peninsula Animal Hospital is a full-service animal hospital with some very unique qualities:
- Our doctors each have over two decades of experience treating both healthy and sick pets
- Each staff member is cross-trained and empowered to serve you and care for your pet, whatever the need may be
- When you arrive for a visit with your pet, our staff and doctors take the time to discover your pet’s special history, including their diet, activity, environment, and current status – and only then do we design a treatment plan – there is no “cookie-cutter” approach to vaccines and treatments at our hospital because your pet is one-of-a-kind!
- We are the ONLY veterinarians in this area to offer specific preventive health screening with your pet’s annual exam, for no additional fee! When indicated as part of their annual exam with us, cats are tested for Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus, and dogs are tested for Heartworms and three Tick-borne diseases. Each test only requires 2 drops of blood!
- We can perform in-house lab testing of blood and urine while you wait
- Our inclusive, high value DENTAL PACKAGES are second-to-none! One price includes: Pre-op exam, Pre-op Blood Count and Chemistries (to be absolutely sure your pet is safe for anesthesia and surgery), IV catheter with supportive IV fluids, anti-nausea and anti-pain medications, full general anesthesia, extensive anesthetic monitoring (ECG, blood pressure, oxygenation, body temperature, heart and respiratory rates), and ultrasonic scaling and polishing of each tooth with fluoride treatment.
- Our prices are reasonable, including our online store which offers free shipping of medicines and prescription diets, directly to your home!
- We are a Trupanion Pet Insurance Partner and can bill Trupanion on your behalf before check-out, which saves you money on covered health costs for your pet
DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT...
Got me in quickly. Other vet I’d used for years couldn’t get us in for over a week; not good when your pup is sick. Used good covid precautions too. Were thorough and spotted issue other vet missed.
Finding a good fit when it comes to medical care for your beloved pets is no simple feat involving extensive research and an element of good luck.
I struck gold when I found Peninsula Animal Hospital! From Jasmine’s friendly, efficient and welcoming way to Dr Cohen’s kind, humorous, intelligent and insightful treatment of my two dogs.
I have had many, many pets whom I’ve loved and their healthcare has always been crucial for me. Knowing that my furry children are in expert, caring hands is a tremendous comfort and I am thankful to have found Peninsula Animal Hospital minutes from my home.
I’ll go with the perspective of our two standard poodles who have been cared for by the Peninsula Animal Hospital over the past 15 years. They genuinely seem to like going there, tails wagging, going right in, no hanging back or negative body language. They sense that the vets and staff genuinely care about them which far overcomes any memories of having been poked, prodded, scrapped, stuck or placed under anesthesia. As for my wife and I, we have continually been impressed by the staff’s responsiveness, compassion, and professionalism. Can’t recommend them highly enough.
Friendly and caring staff. After only one visit, I had an emergency come up for my dog. Although they couldn’t see her right away and referred me to the emergency vet, they called me back to check in on her. Will continue regular service with this vet hospital.
They really are reasonably priced! I am in college and short on funds, and I made that clear that I wanted to keep costs low and still treat my dog and they helped me do that. I’m from out of state and I was worried that, as with most things in California, the vet prices would be much higher than I’m used to. But they weren’t! The staff helped me to understand the cost of each shot or medication and let me opt out if I felt it was unnecessary. And I went away from my appointment paying less than what I would have expected in Utah.
The staff and doctors are very welcoming and caring. After a recent visit, they called me two days later to check on my animals. This is a normal procedure for them. They love all animals and I never feel rushed. They explain everything to me and are ready to answer any questions. Their front desk staff are agreeable and always polite. During the pandemic, they came out to my car in pipe and picked up my animals and put the meds in my car. A wonderful veterinary practice that I would recommend as they are personable and great at treating my pets.
We care about your pets authentically, so if you feel your pet is having an urgent medical emergency such as a breathing difficulty, a seizure, or collapse episode, please proceed immediately to one of our local pet emergency centers, either Pet Specialist in Del Rey Oaks at (831) 649-0415 or Monterey Peninsula Veterinary Emergency Center at (831) 373-7374.
If you are not certain that your pet is having an emergency, please call one of our friendly staff members at our hospital and we will guide you.
At Peninsula Animal Hospital, we offer a variety of services to care for your pet. If you have any questions or would like more information on how we can care for your pet, please contact us today.View All Services